perl: Net::DNS requires Win32::IPHelper

Mon Aug 23 05:54:00 GMT 2010

Reini,

The Net::DNS module, which you ship with perl, depends on perl-libwin32
(packaged separately) and Win32::IPHelper, the latter of which depends
on Win32::API and enum modules.  Win32::API needs a custom typemap file
in order to compile on Cygwin, which AFAICS should be:

TYPEMAP
HINSTANCE   T_PTR
LPCSTR      T_PV
LPCWSTR     T_PV

Again, I'm going to have to ask you to break out the extra modules you
ship with perl and handle them individually.  It's not only a matter of
handling these dependencies, but there are several modules which need to
be updated, and you shouldn't have to rebuild (nor should we have to ask
you to rebuild) all of perl in order to do so.

Yaakov