Network drives & ssh access

Tue Aug 24 17:19:00 GMT 2010

On 8/24/2010 1:03 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:59 AM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount
> <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:
>
>> I log in as the build user via ssh, and ps -eaf shows me to sshd process
>> running as SYSTEM - proc 3376 with parent 3340 and a subprocess 1824 with
>> 3376 as the parent.
>
> Specifically, when logging in via remote ssh, both processes were owned by
> SYSTEM. So the bit to run as the "build" user apparently doesn't actually
> work.

A missing password is likely your problem, since that's at the heart of
your original problem really.  But I actually wasn't thinking of this option
as the solution to your problem when I pointed you at the FAQ.  Running
a service as the user you'll log in as is really just a workaround.
I was thinking more of:

<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd3>

Holliston, MA 01746