Emacs and DBUS

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Wed Aug 25 01:01:00 GMT 2010

On 8/24/2010 3:43 PM, Michael Albinus wrote:
> Ken Brown writes:
>
> Hi Ken,
>
>>> It's some years ago I have used Cygwin. But if you have uploaded the
>>> build already, I could check, whether I have problems running Emacs +
>>> D-Bus under Cygwin.
>>
>> Yes, it's uploaded.  See
>>
>>    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2010-08/msg00020.html
>
> Unfortunately, it does not run. First, there is a minor issue: when I've
> started emacs after downloading, I've got
>
> /usr/bin/emacs-nox.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cygdbus-1-3.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> I guess, a dependency to libdbus1_3 must be added when Emacs is
> compiled with D-Bus support.

Yes, I mentioned this in the announcement of the test release.  I will
add libdbus1_3 as a dependency when the test release gets promoted to
"current".

> After installing that library, Emacs did start. How ever, it blocks
> when loading dbus.el.

Don't you normally have to start a D-BUS session before loading dbus.el?
  Maybe one of the Cygwin people who uses D-BUS can tell us how to do that.

Ken