How do I kill ssmtp?

Blaine Miller bmiller@coastside.net
Thu Aug 26 17:00:00 GMT 2010

Hello,

I'm getting an inordinate amount of mail in the deadletter files, some
400 meg since this server started. I've grepped for the PID to kill the
process, I've looked in the Services table in Windows and I've looked in
the Programs, uninstall and can't find any reference to ssmtp to kill!

First, is 400 meg a normal amount of dead letter mail for a system
that's been up for only two weeks?

Second, how do I kill this process?

Third, how do I clear the DL file? For now, I've moved the old
dead.letter to a different filed and touched a new, empty dead.letter.

Fourth, would any of these events cause the system to completely lock up
and have to be rebooted?

Thanks for your time & assistance!

Blaine