Updated [experimental]: {emacs,emacs-X11,emacs-el}-23.2-2

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Aug 27 02:30:00 GMT 2010

On 8/26/2010 8:51 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 5:18 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
>
>> New releases of the emacs, emacs-X11, and emacs-el packages (23.2-2) are now
>> available as experimental packages.  These are rebuilds of the 23.2-1
>> packages, with D-BUS support.  You will need to install libdbus1_3 in order
>> to run the new binaries.  Please report any regressions.  If nothing serious
>> is reported, the new releases will be promoted to "current" in a few weeks.
>
> I finally got around to installing this.  I know it's the new version
> because it went looking for the D-BUS library that wasn't there.
>
> Now that that's fixed, it still says:
>
>    This is GNU Emacs 23.2.1
>    of 2010-08-16
>
> I assume that's the new version, why does it still say 23.2.1?

The '.1' at the end is added by Emacs.  I don't know why.  This has
nothing to do with the fact that from Cygwin's point of view, it's
release -2 of the emacs-23.2 package.  You can see this with cygcheck:

$ cygcheck -cd emacs
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version
emacs                23.2-2