Support for the TIOCINQ ioctl

Brennan Peter Sellner bsellner@andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Aug 27 22:57:00 GMT 2010

By any chance, has support for the TIOCINQ ioctl on file descriptors
(used to check how many bytes of data are in the input buffer) been
added to Cygwin?  It hadn't as of 2004:

   http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2004-07/msg00910.html

...but I haven't found any newer references to it.  I'm inferring that
it's not supported, as ioctl(fd, TIOCINQ, &available) (where fd is a valid
file descriptor, and available is a long) fails, with errno set to
'invalid argument'.  I'm running Cygwin 1.7.6 on Vista.

I'm hoping I'm missing something...  Is there an alternative way to check
the number of bytes on an fd's input buffer in Cygwin?

Thanks,

-Brennan