command-line package installation

Bryan brakeb@gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 16:43:00 GMT 2010

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 09:43, Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at> wrote:
> 2010/8/28 Bryan:
>> Is there any chance that the roadmap for cygwin has a commandline
>> package manager, or to expand the capabilities of setup.exe in the
>> future?  I think I can "find and delete" what I need to until then,
>> but a package manager type thing would be great...
>>
>> other than "find and delete", are there any other ways to do what I'm needing?
>
> Roadmap is nice :)
>
> You can help out with my
>  http://code.google.com/p/cygwin-rurban/source/browse/trunk/contrib/cyginstall/cyginstall
> --
> Reini

I will give this a try... many thanks Reini.  I didn't have an issue
with apt-cyg until I tried to run gcc commands.  It appeared that
there was some permission issues running postinstall scripts, and it
seemed to affect the creation of $PATH directories...

I just need something solid, and will "Just Work".

Thanks again...

Bryan