[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: screen-4.0.3-6 (test release)
Andrew Schulman
schulman.andrew@epamail.epa.gov
Wed Dec 1 17:46:00 GMT 2010
Johannes, thanks for trying it out.
> (1) It works. But it was awkward at first, since I cannot see the line
> splitting the screen.
Yes, that was my problem with it. Too confusing without a visible divider.
I just tried the same feature on Ubuntu, and it works very differently
there:
* There's a vertical strip down the middle when you split the screen.
* The two vertical sides contain separate windows. In Cygwin, they're two
views into the same window.
* The vertical split command is C-a |.
I wonder if Ubuntu is using an alternate or more recent patch. I'll see
what I can find out about that. I can't find anything in /etc/screenrc
that controls the vertical split (although I haven't combed it thoroughly
yet).
> (2) HowTo:
>
> ## short version for reference ##
> 1. start screen:
> $screen
>
> 2. split vertically
> [Ctrl][a]
> [V]
>
> 3. switch to other half
> [Ctrl][Tab]
>
> 4. create new screen
> [Ctrl][a]
> [c]
Thanks. The screen info and man pages just write these as C-a V, C-a Tab,
C-a c. No need for the more verbose version below, but thanks for
providing it.
Andrew.
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list