coreutils 8.5-2: lacks /usr/share/man/man1/[.1.gz

Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com
Mon Dec 13 23:08:00 GMT 2010

On 12/12/2010 04:37 AM, Matthias Andree wrote:
> coreutils 8.5-2 does not install a man page for the "[" command in section 1.
> This could/should be a symlink to test (test.1 contains the necessary
> documentation), or a trivial roff file containing .so man1/test.1 (untested).

Upstream coreutils does not provide a [.1 man page, even though it does
provide a test.1 man page.  On Fedora, test.1 is from coreutils, while
[.1 is an alias to the bash builtins man page.  I could repeat that
setup in cygwin, since I already create bash builtin alias pages for
other bash builtins, like shopt.1.