Back to mysql

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Tue Dec 14 03:37:00 GMT 2010

  I'm trying to port a Perl script of mine that uses DBI and DBD::mysql
to update a database running on another, Linux, server. I have been able
to install DBI (cpan DBI) and get it to compile, but I cannot get
DBD::mysql to install. When I try I get

Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line
464.
Can't find mysql_config. Use --mysql_config option to specify where
mysql_config is located

My understanding is that this mysql_config is only present when you
install mysql_client (well on a Linux system it's called mysql_client)
but IIRC there is no mysql_client for Cygwin - or is there?

Any workarounds? Is there a way I can install the Windows version of
mysql_client and have Cygwin's Perl interact with it?
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.