1.7.7: rm -rf sometimes fails - race condition?

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Tue Dec 14 13:57:00 GMT 2010

On 12/11/2010 4:48 AM, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Am 11.12.2010 00:14, schrieb Warren Young:
>> Point me to your source package, and I'll download it and try building
>> it in a loop here.
>
> http://home.pages.de/~mandree/fetchmail/fetchmail-6.3.19-1-src.tar.bz2

I assume cygport returns nonzero when your rm failure happens.  This
loop has been running for about three hours (~40 iterations):

     while true
     do
         if cygport fetchmail-6.3.19-1 all > build.log 2>&1
         then
             echo `date` >> loop.log
         else
             echo FAIL
             exit 1
         fi
     done

Can this catch your problem, in principle?

I'll assume it can, and leave it running overnight to increase the
chance that it triggers your bug.