Back to mysql

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka@mhoenicka.de
Tue Dec 14 14:19:00 GMT 2010

Andrew DeFaria <Andrew@DeFaria.com> was heard to say:

>  On 12/13/2010 09:47 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>> mysql_config is YA foo-config script as included in some -devel packages.
> Can you translate that into English? What's a "YA foo-config" script?

YA: yet another. A strong indication that mysql_config isn't the first
of its kind.

foo-config: config script shipped with the foo package. You invoke it
in your Makefile or in configure to insert the proper -L, -I, and -lib
options in your gcc invocations. This way it's not the configure
script of packages that use foo, but the foo package itself that
figures out how to invoke the compiler/linker properly and where to
find the dev files shipped with foo.

regards,
Markus

--