DWORD "heap_chunk_in_mb" and CYGWIN_NT-5.2-WOW64

Ulf-Dietrich Braumann braumann@uni-leipzig.de
Sun Dec 19 22:38:00 GMT 2010

Hi,

I need to revise my problem report some weeks ago. Actually, the "Changing
Cygwin's Maximum Memory" explanations under
http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-maxmem.htm recommending
something like

regtool -i set /HKLM/Software/Cygwin/heap_chunk_in_mb 2048
regtool -v list /HKLM/Software/Cygwin

do work under Windows Server 2003 64bit. And exactly,
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cygwin is that place where the
abovementioned regtool invocation will place "heap_chunk_in_mb".

Sorry for having bothered you some time ago, I did something wrong that
day (no idea what). The max_memory check program now returns 1792MB
accessible memory.

Regards - Ulf-Dietrich