findutils 4.5.9-2

Jacob Jacobson news@biyani.org
Wed Dec 22 06:27:00 GMT 2010

I cannot get "findutils            4.5.9-2" to work. When I try the
command "find . -type f -print", I get nothing. There are a lot of files
in that directory. I switched back to a previous version and it works
fine. Is there a problem with "find" in 4.5.9-2 ? Has something changed?
The release notes indicate nothing major.

I reinstalled the newest findutils a couple of times just to be sure
before switching to the previous version.

[x$:514] cygcheck -srv | grep find
Found: C:\win\cygwin\bin\find.exe
Found: C:\win\cygwin\bin\find.exe
Found: C:\WINDOWS\system32\find.exe
Warning: C:\win\cygwin\bin\find.exe hides C:\WINDOWS\system32\find.exe
findutils            4.5.8-1
[x$:515] find . -type f -print
./xmlUpdater.exe
[x$:516] ls
xmlUpdater.exe
[x$:517] cygcheck -srv | grep find
Found: C:\win\cygwin\bin\find.exe
Found: C:\win\cygwin\bin\find.exe
Found: C:\WINDOWS\system32\find.exe
Warning: C:\win\cygwin\bin\find.exe hides C:\WINDOWS\system32\find.exe
findutils            4.5.9-2
[x$:518] find . -type f -print
[x$:519] ls
xmlUpdater.exe