1.7.7 - OpenSSH Fatal Error 1114

Tue Dec 28 06:07:00 GMT 2010

On 12/26/2010 1:34 PM, Johnson, Phillip wrote:

> Cygwin Support,
>
> Regarding the current release of Cygwin,
> we are also seeing an issue using the SSH server
> distributed within Cygwin.
>
> We follow instructions that have worked in past
> installations, however we now are unable to use
> the command-line for inline commands from the client:
>
> When using ssh from any client (Windows, Linux) we are able  to
> ssh into the server (cygwin openssh server) but we are not able to pass
> in any parameters to the connection command.
>
> Example of failure:
>

> [ah-pearl ~]$ ssh bl-u2 ls
>        1 [main] sshd 136 C:\cygwin\usr\sbin\sshd.exe: *** fatal error -
> could not      load u, Win32 error 1114

$ net helpmsg 1114

A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

The above command sequence works just fine for me using the latest stuff.
Perhaps it makes sense to submit a problem report as described in
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html> if you're still seeing problems here
and they can't be attributed to something like
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>.

--
Larry