unable to install multiple packages from the command line

Fri Feb 5 15:29:00 GMT 2010

On 03/02/2010 18:12, Tom Schutter wrote:
> Installing multiple packages from the the command line used to work, but no
> longer does for me.  It installs the first requested package, but none of
> the rest.

> Note that --help doesn't say exactly how to specify multiple packages.  A
> comma separated list used to work.  Specifying multiple --packages options
> gives no warning or error, but only installs the last requested package.

  After investigating, I can't reproduce any problem.  The glitch I mentioned
yesterday was just a pilot error owing to me using an old script from before
-C and -P became separate options.

> PS C:\cygwin> C:\cygwin\setup.exe --quiet-mode --no-shortcuts --root C:\cygwin --local-package-dir C:\cygwin\LocalPackageDir --packages netcat,procps
> Starting cygwin install, version 2.680

> getUrlToStream http://mirrors.xmission.com/cygwin//setup.bz2.sig
> Added manual package netcat
> Changing gid back to original
> Visited: 63 nodes out of 1678 while creating dependency order.

  So that's very odd.  Can you check the cached setup.ini in your local
package dir and see if it's damaged or for some other reason doesn't mention
procps?  And try adding "-D -L" to your command-line and see if that makes any
difference?

    cheers,
      DaveK