Bug: select() does not modify timeout (arg 5) on return

Eric Blake ebb9@byu.net
Thu Feb 11 12:54:00 GMT 2010

According to Javier on 2/11/2010 1:07 AM:
>> I believe actually made a conscious decision not to alter
>> the arguments when
>> I first wrote select().  However, times have changed
>> so it probably makes
>> sense to alter it to be more linux-like now.
>>
>> I'll look into doing that.
>
> Can we expect it to be patched in next version? Any plans to release next version soon?

And on the converse, any plans to fix the non-portable assumption in your
code that the timeout parameter will be altered?  All the world is not
Linux.  That said, yes, there has been talk of releasing cygwin 1.7.2 when
a few more things stabilize.  And with all open source projects, the
answer includes the caveat: the release will be sooner if you submit patches.

Eric Blake             ebb9@byu.net