AddAccessAllowedAce(, owner) failed: 1337

Stephen Grant Brown sg_brown@mcmedia.com.au
Fri Feb 12 20:45:00 GMT 2010

Hi Larry

Thank you for your quick reply.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2010 2:27 AM
Subject: Re: AddAccessAllowedAce(, owner) failed: 1337

> On 02/12/2010 05:17 AM, Stephen Grant Brown wrote:
>> I have downloaded setup.exe version 2.682 and tried to install cygwin
>> into a new directory without success.
>> It installs but when I try to run cygwin.bat, the terminal screen comes
>> up then dies.
>
> I highly recommend _not_ running "setup.exe" from within a Cygwin
> shell.  And actually, I believe this is your problem.  Your installation
> is now partially out of date and won't run without a reboot.  If you
> don't have Cygwin running when you install, you won't have this
> problem.

When I first started trying to run cygwin 1.7, I thought I read in the
installation instructions that
1.5 & 1.7 could be installed at once.

Are you stating that although having the two installed in completely
separate directories,
that they are still running services at system bootup?

I have just now deleted the 1.7 installation, installed it again and it
still dies.

Yours Sincerely

Stephen Grant Brown