"undefined reference to `_JNI_CreateJavaVM'"

Thu Feb 18 16:47:00 GMT 2010

On 02/18/2010 05:43 AM, Gary wrote:
> I've basically followed along with what is written at
> http://www.inonit.com/cygwin/jni/invocationApi/  (built an import
> library, passed ld the "-L. -ljvm" parameters, and so on). One difference
> is that gcc no longer supports -mno-cygwin, but I'm not convinced that
> is the cause.

Since the above site isn't cygwin.com, this list really can't support the
process they've outlined.  You should really ask them about it.  Also
if you really need '-mno-cygwin', then you're not building for
Cygwin, which also tends to make the subject matter off-topic for
this list. All that said, you should be able to get back to an
environment that's at least close to what you need either by installing
the 'gcc3' package or installing gcc as offered by the mingw.org folks.
The latter is really what you're getting with the '-mno-cygwin' switch
anyway.

Holliston, MA 01746