1.7.1: unable to run the a bash script resides in chinese path using: c:\cygwin\bin\bash --login script.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao@gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 04:40:00 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I upgrade my cygwin from 1.5 to 1.7.1 and meet this issue:

Unable to run the a bash script resides in chinese path using:
c:\cygwin\bin\bash --login myscript.

For detail, the bash script, i.e., myscript and the dos batch file
which is used to invoke the myscript are both reside in a directory
that contains the Chinese characters.  The dos batch file has the
following contents:

-----------
@echo off
C:\cygwin\bin\bash --login "%~dp0myscript"
----------

When I double click on this dos batch, I'll meet the following errors:

--------------------------
cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected:
"F:\zhaohs\Desktop\鏂版ç
¡é‚囩尞\myscript"
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is:
"F:/zhaohs/Desktop/鏂版ç
¡é‚囩尞/myscript"
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
/usr/bin/bash: "F:\zhaohs\Desktop\新查文献\myscript": No such file or
directory

Furthmore, if I open the cygwin terminal and manually switched into
that directory to run the myscript directly, it will no problem.

What should I do to solve this problem?
--
.: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.