cygport suggestion

Thu Feb 25 18:33:00 GMT 2010

On 2010-02-25 10:13, Eric Blake wrote:
> Several GNU packages are now starting to supply additional configure
> arguments in the --with-packager namespace, in order to ease the branding
> of a downstream distro build.  My recent m4 1.4.14 build shows the effect
> of using them:
> [...]
> Notice the additional lines mentioning Cygwin.  Is it worth teaching
> cygport to automatically supply configure arguments of:
>
> --with-packager=Cygwin --with-packager-version=$PVR \
>       --with-packager-bug-reports='<cygwin@cygwin.com>'
>
> for packages that support this idiom?  If not, then this email serves as a
> hint for other packagers to modify their own .cygport files.

cygconf provides the standard arguments which are common to all
autoconf-generated configures.  AFAICS (but correct me if I'm wrong)
these are not standard arguments, rather separate AC_ARG_WITHs which
some packages are choosing to implement.  In that case I consider them
package-specific and I would encourage packagers to add them accordingly
to those packages' CYGCONF_ARGS or as arguments to cygconf.

Thanks though for the heads-up.

Yaakov