1.7.1 hangs on 000-cygwin-post-install.sh

Rosario D. Contarino rdcontarino@gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 09:17:00 GMT 2010

Hi all,

sorry if this one happens to be the second identical post but I didn't
find my previous one into the digest and I am not sure the previous one
was sent as a plain text message in which case it could have been dropped.

I have been facing exactly the same problem as reported in similar
threads with similar subjects.

I also tried to run setup.exe while running my Windows XP SP3 in "Safe
with Networking" mode without success (as somewhere suggested).
Of course, as far as I can understand, none of the "conflicting"
application is running, but still I would avoid considering this aspect,
since I also tried to run the set up while in safe mode.

Attached you will find a copy of cygcheck -s -v -r command runned just
after rebooting the machine in normal mode plus the log files
available under /var/log/

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

All the best to all for this new 2010.

Cheers,