GCC, -rdynamic option is unrecognized by GCC.

Cesar Strauss cestrauss@gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 22:21:00 GMT 2010

Claude Sylvain wrote:

> - I am trying (without success) to compile this application (PCB):
>     http://geda.seul.org/dist/pcb-20091103.tar.gz
>
> - "configure" work well.  But...
>
> - When doing a "make", there is a message telling:
>     "gcc: unrecognized option '-rdynamic'"

Actually, this message is only a warning, and should not prevent a
successful build of pcb.

>   Followed by a ton of linker messages telling:
>     "...: undefined reference to ...".

What "gcc --version" gives you? Is it 4.3.4?

Curiously, when I tried it myself, the build succeeded with gcc 3.4.4,
but failed with undefined references when switching to gcc 4.3.4. They
seem to be related to some inline functions in toporouter.c. I will try
to narrow it down.

Meanwhile, you could try switching to gcc 3.4.4:

1) Install gcc-core from Cygwin Setup
2) chmod +x /usr/bin/set-gcc-default*
3) set-gcc-default-3.sh
4) gcc --version (should be 3.4.4)
5) Rebuild pcb from scratch.

Or, alternatively, keep gcc 4.3.4, but remove all "inline" keywords from
toporouter.c.

Cesar