Path problems with libgmpxx.la, libppl.la, libppl_c.la and libcloog-ppl.la - a work around

David Billinghurst dbcygwin@gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:07:00 GMT 2010

As discussed previously [1], libraries built with libtool that depend on
libstdc++ end up with the full path to the build compiler's libstdc++.la
file in their own *.la file.  This becomes a problem when the compiler
is upgraded.

This affects some packages I maintain: libgmpxx, libppl and
libcloog-ppl.  As a work around on my systems, I have edited the
installed files /usr/lib/libgmpxx.la, /usr/lib/libppl.la,
/usr/lib/libppl_c.la and /usr/lib/libcloog-ppl.la: replacing
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.2/libstdc++.la with -lstdc++.

I have a new release of libcloog-ppl "coming soon" that incorporates
this fix.

I won't release a fixed set of gmp packages at present as a new upstream
release gmp-4.3.2 is imminent (late December 2009).  For the moment,
affected users will need to edit the installed libgmpxx.la file.

	David

(1) http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2009-08/msg00048.html