cygwin, perl or DBI seriously broken in 1.7.1?

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Fri Jan 8 10:58:00 GMT 2010

2010/1/7 Steven Hartland:
> Been trying a few things and going back from perl 5.10.1-2 to
> perl 5.10.1-1 fixes the issue, or at least I can now no longer
> reproduce the problem readily.
>
> Looking at the differences seem to be the change in flags from
> "-Dmad=y" -> "-Doptimize=-O3" so we could be looking at a
> compiler bug?
>
> One thing for sure though 5.10.1-2 is not reliable here.

Interesting.
I'm travelling right now with my small laptop only
but will hopefully be able to look at this this weekend.
I also want to look at perl's mymalloc. (apparently double string size)

5.8 is available at http://rurban.xarch.at/cygr/perl/

tar xfz perl-5.8.8-4.tar.bz2 -C /
is enough, but you won't have luck installing XS modules via CPAN I suppose.

--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/           http://murbreak.at/