Can't find any info on "eventvwr" or "syslog-ng" or "eventlog"

Tue Jan 19 09:35:00 GMT 2010

On Jan 18 22:55, Paul McFerrin wrote:
> I discovered that cygwin has both packages for "eventlog" and "syslog-ng.
>
> I searched for cygwin documentation in "man", "info", and the
> command itself.  I have them both installed, (says setup.exe) but I
> can only find the command itself for "syslog-ng".  With both
> packages installed, I can find limited info on just one of those
> commands.  Now the other command I can't find anything.
>
> I just decided to do some learning.  It's hads to do without any
> documentation.  I'm interested in the cygwin's version as I have a
> lot of time on my hand.

For the syslog-ng package there are only the man pages

  syslog-ng.conf.5
  syslog-ng.8

The html documentation which was part of the 2.x packages is not
available in the source packages for 3.0.1 for some reason.  If you want
more docs, you should take a look onto the homepage of the project:

http://www.balabit.com/support/documentation/?product=syslog-ng

For the eventlog package there is documentation in the source package,
but it's not installed by default.  Since I only needed the package
to get syslog-ng running, I didn't look into it.  Download the source
and look into the doc subdir.

Corinna

Red Hat