cpan can't find its own tempfile

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Wed Jan 20 22:36:00 GMT 2010

Andrew Schulman schrieb:
>>> I'm trying to use cpan (perl 5.10.1-2) to install Spreadsheet::Read.
>>> When I try, I get a whole bunch of errors like e.g.
>>>
>>> Warning: expected file
>>> [/home/ASchulma/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz.tmp6012]
>>> doesn't exist
>>>
>>> Error while trying to rename
>>> '/home/ASchulma/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz.tmp6012' to
>>> '/home/ASchulma/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz': No such file
>>> or directoryLockfile removed.
>>>
>>> And indeed, the file 01mailrc.txt.gz.tmp6012 doesn't exist:
>>>
>>> $ ls -l /home/ASchulma/.cpan/sources/authors
>>> total 5
>>> -rw-r-----+ 1 ASchulma Domain Users 779 2010-01-14 12:28 01mailrc.txt.tmp6012
>>> -rw-r-----+ 1 ASchulma Domain Users 388 2010-01-14 12:28 01mailrc.txt.tmp6012.gz
>>>
>>> It seems that cpan is trying to find 01mailrc.txt.gz.tmp6012, when
>>> what it really wants is 01mailrc.txt.tmp6012.gz; or vice versa.
>>>
>>> cygcheck -srv output is attached.
>>
>> This is a known problem when none of your CPAN download methods
>> (LWP, curl, wget, ...) work or your proxy is wrong or your mirror
>> setting is wrong.
>
> OK.  Any suggestions on how I can figure out which of those is the problem?
> I'm not sure about LWP, but wget and curl both work from the command line,
> without a proxy.  Wrong mirror?  How would I fix that?  Maybe it was set
> wrong during the automatic initial setup-- how do I clear that?

Sorry, I was busy.

Can you send me my our /home/ASchulma/.cpan/CPAN/MyConfig.pm to me only,
so I can check which method is failing for you.

You can disable failing download methods with the key:
   'dontload_hash' => { q[Net::FTP]=>q[1] },

I disabled Net::FTP for me.

--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/