FLTK versions in Cygwin [was: Re: units: update, FHS compliance]

Sun Jan 24 22:19:00 GMT 2010

On 24/01/2010 09:00, Albrecht Schlosser wrote:
> $ ./configure --enable-cygwin --enable-x11 --enable-shared

Indeed, this does appear to work OOTB, although --enable-cygwin and
--enable-x11 should be the defaults.  I shouldn't have to say that I do
*not* want to cross-compile (besides that -mno-cygwin is no longer
supported).

> unfortunately these are in the src/ directory, but that's a minor
> issue. Maybe they are not installed correctly, but that can be
> fixed.

They are not installed at all by 'make install'.

> Yes, FLTK 2 is an experimental version that stalled, there's
> currently no development, and it will probably be dropped completely.

I had been wondering why it's been so many weeks since the last "weekly"
snapshot.

> Agreed. The current Cygwin version is 1.1.8, the latest stable
> release is 1.1.10. Current development is 1.3.0, but as I wrote,
> a release is not yet available.

I have added a .cygport for the latest 1.3 snapshot:

http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/x11/fltk/

Yaakov