Problem with svn and users over multiple machines

Mon Jan 25 00:41:00 GMT 2010

On 01/23/2010 03:42 AM, Gary . wrote:
> Clearly, they're different, which is what I mean when I say
> "I shouldn't have, I should have done something else instead".
>
> How can I add the user and group to sunflower (the second
> machine) and ensure they are identical to those on mimosa,
> at least as far as the areas Cygwin is concerned about,
> given that they are first added using the Windows util?

If you're on a domain, you wanted a domain user.  Then
you could ask mkpasswd and mkgroup to add the domain user,
which would have the domain user SID.  Alternatively, I think
you can get away with copying the entries in '/etc/passwd' and
'/etc/group' to "sunflower".  You'll have to be aware of this if
you update these files in the future with 'mkpasswd'/'mkgroup'.
I haven't tried doing this so it's possible that this won't work,
in which case you're back to the domain option.

Holliston, MA 01746