FLTK versions in Cygwin [was: Re: units: update, FHS compliance]

Mon Jan 25 03:39:00 GMT 2010

On 24/01/2010 18:00, Albrecht Schlosser wrote:
> I'am aware that -mno-cygwin is no longer supported, but there's
> nothing we can do until a working gcc-4 cross compiler exists.
> So long we need to use gcc-3 for Windows/GDI builds (or Cygwin).

That's what I'm trying to tell you: -mno-cygwin mean(t) just that: NO
cygwin.  It shouldn't be the default on Cygwin to not build for Cygwin;
after all, you wouldn't have the default on Linux to cross-compile to
Win32, would you?  If you want to provide the cross-compiling option,
that's fine, but it should be an *option*, not the default.

> Yep, that's what I expected, but didn't check (yet). This may
> well be changed...

It should be, although the workaround is easy in the meantime.

> I don't know cygport, but I can see one small glitch: Fluid is
 > called fluid[.exe] and not fluid2, as in FLTK 2, and the man
 > page is fluid[.man] and not fluid2.

Indeed, I didn't go so far as to run the package phase.  (The 1.3
.cygport was basically a copy of the 2.0 .cygport, as they are both
snapshots and have more in common than 1.1).  Fixed in SVN.

Yaakov