Readline problem on stand alone application

Paul Budnik mtnmath@mtnmath.com
Tue Jan 26 23:40:00 GMT 2010

In the latest port of the ordinal calculator (www.mtnmath.com/ord)
readline does not work. Backspace does not delete characters and the
arrow keys do not move the cursor. The problem is reproducible with
bash. Copy bash.exe and the dlls it uses to another directory and
execute bash in that directory from the Microsoft command window. Doing
so results in the same behavior in bash as I observe in my application.

If I execute the ordinal calculator either from a bash window or copy it
to the CYGWIN bin directory it works properly but when I package it as a
standalone application it fails. I even tried copying the entire CYGWIN
bin directory to another location and executing from there. The problem
still exists. I have updated CYGWIN in the last week. I did not have
this problem on the first release of the ordinal calculator made last fall.

Paul Budnik
www.mtnmath.com