1.7.5: Error when invoking ghostscript (gs)

Falk Sticken sticken@informatik.uni-luebeck.de
Sun Jul 4 12:20:00 GMT 2010

Hi,

when I try to invoke gs from the Cygwin shell prompt, I get following
error message:
/usr/bin/gs.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open

I have installed (reinstalled) the last version of ghostscript from the
cygwin repository.
$ cygcheck -c -v ghostscript
Cygwin Package Information
Last downloaded files to: C:\Users\XXX\Downloads
Last downloaded files from: ftp://linux.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/cygwin/

Package              Version        Status
ghostscript          8.63-2         OK

bye,
Falk