Installation of Apache2 out of the box cannot find some shared library

Jørgen Steensgaard jsm@steensgaard.org
Wed Jul 14 11:34:00 GMT 2010

Thanks for the clues.  The problem seems to be absence of
cygcrypt-0.dll, apparently a familiar trouble point.  Both cygcheck and
strace found the library missing.

I have checked my file hierarchy, and have not found the library,
neither in /bin/ nor in /usr/bin.  An old posting refers to it as a
member of the crypt-package in the Libs-category, but that package is
not part of my distribution.  Installation of libcrypt* libraries did
not help either.

Mirrors presumably all carry the same distributions, but if I'm wrong
please let me know.

Where do I find the ... library?

Jørgen