Some missing .a file trying to compile cfc util on cygwin libgmp.a, libhistory.a, libreadline.a)

gialloporpora sandrodll@gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 03:53:00 GMT 2010

Risposta al messaggio di Jeremy Bopp :

> I think you need to install ncurses-devel for termcap support, but I'm
> not sure what provides the fl library.  When it comes to missing
> libraries such as you're seeing, many projects have some form of
> documentation available which tells you what you need to install in
> order to build the software, so make sure you check there first.  You
> can also use the cygcheck program andhttp://cygwin.com/packages/  to
> search for the cygwin packages which provide particular files.

Ok, thanks for your suggestions.
I have readed documentation but  I have not found info about  compiling
the package on cygwin.
I have installed all packages in Devel/Math/libs/utils
but the error is not changed.  The strange thing - for me, I am a newbe
on Cygwin - is that I need to move the .a file in the /usr/cf_arith_xxxx
directory instead make don't find them (they ar in lib directory)
I have replaced in the makefile -ltermcap with -lncurse:
LIBS = libgmp.a libreadline.a libhistory.a -lfl -lncurses # cygwin

instead of:
LIBS = libgmp.a libreadline.a libhistory.a -lfl -ltermcap #cygwin

now it seem to works: I have a cf_arith.exe file in /usr/cf_arith_xxx/

now I move it in /bin directory and I think it should works.

There exist a command to move all exe files created after compiling the
module (and dll) in the /bin directory (c:\cygwin\bin) instead of moving
them  with che copy command?
Thanks
Sandro