Stray /c invoking robocopy
Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]
BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov
Thu Jul 22 21:42:00 GMT 2010
Daniel Colascione sent the following at Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:04 PM
>
>Where does the /c come from when I type "robocopy /?"?
>
>When I type, at a bash prompt, "robocopy /?", robocopy complains about
>an invalid parameter #1, "/c". With switches other than "/?", I don't
>have a problem.
Sounds like /cygdrive is mounted as /, which means C: is mounted as /c.
Then bash interprets ? as the wildcard for a single character and C: is
the first drive that shows up. Try "robocopy '/?'" or "robocopy /\?".
As an experiment, try "echo /?" at a bash prompt. You should also see
a line that begins "none / cygdrive" in the output of "mount -m".
- Barry
Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list