ash start-up issue

Fri Jul 30 18:55:00 GMT 2010

On 7/30/2010 2:15 PM, Steven Collins wrote:
> If this is BLODA I'm just plain screwed because it is corporate driven
> and I have no control over it.  This scenario is the biggest reason I
> hate seeing the BLODA response. It seems to me that it would be good
> to find ways to get Cygwin to work despite the presence of things that
> are considered BLODA. Many users are in a similar situation to my own
> where they are not the masters of what is on their computer. I take it
> from the BLODA response that neither of you sees any issue with the
> contents of the cygcheck file.

I didn't see anything that caught my attention beyond the services, which
we covered.  That doesn't mean there isn't something else of course. ;-)

BLODA is indeed a pain.  The fact that there is no transparent way to
deal with it makes it worse.

Since you have 2 identically configured machines with one seeing the
problem and one not suggests that there's a way to "fool" the BLODA
in question.  Understanding that would be helpful.

Holliston, MA 01746