Cygwin 1.7: how do I use gcc-4 and mingw (to replace -mno_cygwin)?

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Tue Jun 1 21:46:00 GMT 2010


Since upgrading to Cygwin 1.7 eons ago, I lost the ability to compile
-mno_cygwin using gcc4.  I did find that I can still compile using
gcc3.

What's the simplest migration path from "gcc -mno-cygwin" (gcc3) to
the equivalent in gcc4?  I've seen this text:

  "For gcc-4, there'll be a separate MinGW cross compiler package,
which unfortunately isn't quite ready yet."

How would I use such a package in my Makefile, assuming it's ready for
Cygwin 1.7 now?

If it's NOT ready, I can continue to use gcc3 until I run into
something that's only supported in gcc4.  Considering the code I
write, it may never come to this.

Thanks - Jim

-- 
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list