New Mintty Beta via setup

Lee Rothstein lee@veritech.com
Sun Jun 6 04:11:00 GMT 2010

On 6/5/2010 10:21 PM, Andy Koppe wrote:
> Lee Rothstein wrote:
>>> On my sys, uninstalled the old one, and installed nada, zilch, niemands,
>>> zip, bupkis, nothing, the null set.
>
> For some reason, when the test version is selected in setup.exe, the
> checkbox in the 'Bin?' (as in "Binary", rather than a British waste
> container) column gets cleared, which indeed means you get nuffing. So
> make sure to tick that checkbox.

Yup, that was the problem.
> (Is this a setup.exe bug? Something wrong about the packaging?)
>

>> Now "my" (mirrors.kernel.org) server fails to list it, so I can't load a
>> prior version.
>
> Even in the Full view?

Yup, was the full view three times. Just now the server showed it
and I installed with the additional trick above, and I am back
online. To recap, (all with the same server).

Install Try 1: Full View: mintty was there but uninstalled w/o
                install
Install Try 2: Full View: mintty was not there
Install Try 3: Full View: Followed Andy's trick and all seems AOK

terminaLee ;-)