Fortune and the "fortune startrek" command

Wed Jun 23 02:52:00 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 04:14:54PM -0700, Stacey Campbell wrote:
>Paraphrasing:
>>[C]haracter flaws [of Cygwin project participants] have nothing to do
>>with cygwin itself.
>
>I'd disagree with that.

Doesn't matter.  This is not a democracy where random people who figure
out how to send email to a mailing list get to vote on policy.  Move to
the talk list if you want to discuss personalities.  Take it as YA of my
character flaws that I will shut down discussion here if you continue.

>I've followed the project and used Cygwin for longer than I care to
>remember.  My semi-objective view of Cygwin on Win 7 is that quality
>has plummeted on that platform.  Cygwin needs volunteers.

This on the other hand is a valid, if potentially baseless, topic for
the Cygwin mailing list.  If you think quality has suffered then provide
details.  I know that I and the other 60 or so Cygwin volunteers will be
interested in knowing how we could improve things.

cgf