problems running "top" task monitor

P. Goldmann s5683798@mail.zih.tu-dresden.de
Mon Jun 28 16:58:00 GMT 2010

>> Hi!
>>
>> using cygwin 1.7.5(0.225/5/3) on a win7 x64 box I'm experiencing
>> problems running the task monitor "top":
>> The only output calling "top" produces - after one minute - is the
>> following:
>> ==
>> login@machine ~
>> $ top
>> Aborted
>>
>> login@machine ~
>> $
>> ==
>
> Works fine for me.  The effect is rather strange.  I'd suspect a BLODA
> issue: http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA
>

> Corinna

I checked against the BLODA at
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda

Windows Defender is not used, my AntiVirus is not on the list and does
not seem to have
an impact.

In the mean time I was able to start "top" twice, out of some dozen
shots. So the issue
seems to be somehow random with a 95% capability of failure.

After a failed start of "top" I also get segfaults when opening a new
"xterm" window.

Is there a way to investigate whether a unknown BLODA-app or something
else causes the
problem?