Error about syntax on fstab when cygwin1.dll gets loaded

Paul McFerrin pmcferrin@columbus.rr.com
Thu Mar 4 07:49:00 GMT 2010

Every time my cygwin system comes back up, I aways get these 2 messages:

        3 [main] ksh 2964 read_flags: invalid fstab option - 'type'
    160 [main] ksh 2964 read_flags: invalid fstab option - 'type'

I looked into /etc/fstab and did not find the text 'type'.  However in
/etc/fstab.d/Paul, the following was found:
    R: on /cygdrive/r type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
    Z: on /cygdrive/z type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
Is this what is being ^^^complained about??  If so, who wrote this
file??  It's time for a shoot-down. (just kidding)

I've been seeing these 2 error message for 2 days now.  Well I removed
the file 'Paul' and it went away and stayed away.  I guess problem solved.