either nothing or cygheap base mismatch error

Eugen Zalinescu eugen.zalinescu@gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 08:58:00 GMT 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Eugen Zalinescu
<eugen.zalinescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Eugen Zalinescu
> <eugen.zalinescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Eugen Zalinescu
>> <eugen.zalinescu@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Make sure you stopped all the previously running Cygwin services before
>>> installing.  From what I see in the setup log, the postinstall scripts
>>> didn't run, so nothing is configured properly.  Try re-running setup.exe
>>> after rebooting and stopping any Cygwin services.
>>
>> I took a look at the running services and it does seem to be any
>> Cygwin service running (and anyhow, I don't remember starting one).
>> Anyway, I did reboot, and then re-ran setup.exe, but it got stuck
>> running the postinstall/passwd-grp.sh script.
>> I attach setup.log.postinstallXa03940 which contains some errors that
>> seem related to this.
>
> The log says that you probably have incompatible versions of
> cygwin1.dll. The cygcheck output in your earlier post also gave a
> warning about multiple cygwin1.dlls in your path.

This warning seems to be because cygcheck.sh looked both in the
current directury (which was cygwin/bin, because if I invoke from
elsewhere I get the warning "Warning: cygwin1.dll not found on your
path") and in cygwin/bin.

> Did you search for
> these?
>
> I see that you have the native windows version of texlive installed.
> That might be where the extra cygwin1.dll is coming from (if you have
> the asymptote package installed).

I did check for other cygwin1.dll. I only found one in c:\Program
Files (x86)\TomTom Home 2\ext2fs, but I renamed it and I made sure
that the TomTom program is not running, so I don't see how that dll
could be loaded.
(I don't have the asymptote package installed.)

Eugen

(PS. Sorry for the not replying properly, I forgot to subscribe to the list...)