Cygwin 1.7: Concurrency Issue with Shared State Initialization

Mon Mar 15 16:56:00 GMT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:01:04AM +0100, Schmidt, Oliver wrote:
>Hi Christopher,
>
>> Also, one big thing is missing here: cygcheck output [...]
>> Please send that ASAP.
>
>Please find attached the requested information. However I had to edit
>it - as carefully as possible - to omit hints on the SAP-internal IT
>infrastructure.

Thanks.  It would be nice if we could come up with some way to make
cygcheck not output sensitive information but I doubt that there's any
foolproof heuristic that we could use and, if we added an option, people
might trust it unduly.

>The sporadic failures I reported originally were experienced too by
>colleagues running 1.7.1 on Vista-32 and Vista-64. They too can avoid
>it by running the Cygwin shell in another window during the build.

No one is doubting that problems exist.  That's why we're working
on them.

cgf