1.7.1: cvs version built in is unstable

Roe, Kevin L. roe2@llnl.gov
Wed Mar 17 20:17:00 GMT 2010

Here is what the CVS folks said in response to my e-mail to them.  My original message is after their response.

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Jones [mailto:lawrence.jones@siemens.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 11:31 AM
To: Roe, Kevin L.
Cc: info-cvs@nongnu.org
Subject: Re: "No such file"

Roe, Kevin L. writes:

> S-> RCS_checkout (/usr/gapps/AEAG/cvs_modules/Utilities/p_change.pl,v, 1.8, , , (function))
> cvs checkout: cannot write Utilities/p_change.pl: No such file or directory

Hmmmm, that looks like some kind of a bug/incompatibility in cygwin.
You need to ask the cygwin folks what would cause

	open(".new.p_change.pl", O_WRONLY | O_CREAT | O_TRUNC, 0777)

to fail with errno set to ENOENT.
--
Larry Jones

I wonder if you can refuse to inherit the world. -- Calvin

Here is the trace for a checkout.  I've removed most of the file and left just two similarly named files.  One failed and one succeeded.

S-> RCS_checkout (/usr/gapps/AEAG/cvs_modules/Utilities/p_change.pl,v,
S-> 1.8, , , (function))
cvs checkout: cannot write Utilities/p_change.pl: No such file or directory
S-> server_register(p_change.pl, 1.8, , , , , ) Register(p_change.pl,
S-> 1.8, , ,  )

S-> RCS_checkout (/usr/gapps/AEAG/cvs_modules/Utilities/p_check.pl,v,
S-> 1.2, , , (function))
U Utilities/p_check.pl
  -> rename(.new.p_check.pl,p_check.pl)
  -> Register(p_check.pl, 1.2, Tue Jan 12 00:23:42 2010, ,  )
  -> rename(CVS/Entries.Backup,CVS/Entries)
  -> unlink_file(CVS/Entries.Log)
S-> server_register(p_check.pl, 1.2, , , , , ) Register(p_check.pl, 1.2,

-Kevin