Updated [experimental]: coreutils-8.4-1

Thu Mar 18 21:18:00 GMT 2010

Eric Blake wrote:
> On 03/11/2010 10:18 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
>> For those people testing cygwin snapshots, a new release of coreutils,
>> 8.4-1, has been uploaded.  7.0-2 remains current, because the 8.4-1
>> release depends on features available only in recent snapshots (that is,
>> don't upgraded if you are still using the current cygwin 1.7.1).
>
> Is no one else testing this?  I'm thinking I introduced a bug, because
> 'mv a b' creates 'b.exe', even if 'a' did not have an implicit .exe, and
> am looking into building 8.4-2 to fix it.

Sorry -- I had run into this problem, but didn't report it.  I was
running some-random-self-built-snapshot of cygwin1.dll, so I wasn't sure
if the problem was that my cygwin1.dll didn't have the correct changes,
or if there was actually a problem in coreutils.  I meant to track it
down and report it if the prob was in coreutils, but I forgot; sorry
about that.

--
Chuck