cygwin builds and unicode support

Sun Mar 21 20:18:00 GMT 2010

On 2010-03-21 13:06, mike marchywka wrote:
> I'm trying to build QT webkit on cygwin and running into
> all kinds of confusions over char and wide char- it compiled right
> away on debian. I'm not entirely sure this is an issue with cygwin as much
> as this project and something stupid I'm missing
> but I'll see what kind of response I get here as maybe someone else
> has built this on cygwin :)

Qt4 is already in the distro:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree-announce/2009-12/msg00003.html

A number of patches are necessary, and these are included in the source
package or from Ports SVN:

http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/kde/qt4/

> First, there were some issues with windoze calls that can either
> end in "A" or "W" for ascii and wide char params. These were
> easy to fix.

Looks like you're trying to build a Win32 version of Qt4; the Cygwin Qt4
package is *NIX/X11 based.

> That looked like it was fine until I ran into this, a bunch of
> ambig overloads based on confusion with uint and ushort

Are you trying to build for cygwin 1.5?  There were a number of issues
with the integer types that are now fixed in 1.7.

Yaakov