Setup.ini file for Silent Install

Christoph Herdeg christoph.herdeg@de.ibm.com
Fri Mar 26 09:27:00 GMT 2010

Is there eventually a possibility of someone explaining to me why Jonathan
used my incredibly complex and hard to maintain method rather than
following Daves eloquent advice?!?
Although it's so funny that my message cam *after* somebody telling him how
to do this with setup.exe?!?

Never the less:
- Dave, thank so much you for posting setup.exe's command line switches.
That was probably the 1st thing Jonathan did.
- Christopher, thank you so much for telling the world how dumb everybody
is, that doens't do something your way.
- Ralf, thank you so much for posting two of your so simple batch files to
underline what you have in mind.

Guys: If you have a cooler/simpler/better to maintain way to do a
completely unattended installation of Cygwin: Great...I'd love to applaud
it. Please let the world take part --- or keep quiet.

 Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with
 kind regards

 Christoph Herdeg

 Christoph Herdeg                Contact                                      IBM Deutschland Research &
 Windows Infrastructure Support  Information                                  Development GmbH
 Information Management                                                       Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
 Development                                                                  Martin Jetter
 IBM Software Group                                                           Geschäftsführung: Erich Baier
                                                                              Sitz der Gesellschaft:
                                                                              Böblingen
                                                                              Registergericht: Amtsgericht
                                                                              Stuttgart,