spaces in title of mintty command

Andy Koppe andy.koppe@gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 19:28:00 GMT 2010

Roe, Kevin L.:
> I have been trying to get the title for mintty to work.
>
> Specifically, I want a title with spaces.
>
> I have tried:
>
> mintty -t one two      result:  obviously didn't work.  It bombed.

Because 'one' is takes as the title, and 'two' as a command to execute.

> mintty -t "one two"    result:  no title
> mintty -t 'one two'    result:  no title

Works fine for me. Please note that bash's default prompt (i.e. the
PS1 variable) sets the terminal title to the current working
directory, thus overwriting anything you set with the -t option.

> mintty -t `one two`    result:  Same as no quotes

Because that tries to run 'one' as a command.

Andy