chown in vista not work because of permission denied

Matthias Meyer matthias.meyer@gmx.li
Sun May 2 22:27:00 GMT 2010

Hello,

I have a cygwin 1.5.25 installation on a vista client.
I can access the vista client by ssh. For that I use an account
called "backup".

I want use the ssh account for backup/restore with rsync.
The Backup work well but the restore not :-(
The files from a restore are owned by the ssh-account and not by the
original user.
I get an rsync error:
rsync: chown "/Users/matthias/Desktop/.logfile.lnk.Ud0Zgp" (in C) failed:
Permission denied (13)

I would believe if I can solve the following construction my problem above
will be solved too:
If I login into this ssh backup@vista I can create a file but I can not
change the owner afterwards.
$ echo "test" > /cygdrive/c/Users/matthias/Desktop/test.txt
$ ls -alh /cygdrive/c/Users/matthias/Desktop/test.txt
-rw-r--r--   1 Backup   None      5 May  3 00:07 test.txt

$ chown matthias /cygdrive/c/Users/matthias/Desktop/test.txt
chown: changing ownership of `test.txt': Permission denied

I've set the following rights for the user "backup"
net localgroup "${admingroup}" backup /add
editrights -a SeBackupPrivilege -u backup &&
editrights -a SeRestorePrivilege -u backup &&
editrights -a SeServiceLogonRight -u backup

Thanks in advance
Matthias
--
Don't Panic