Using cygwin with a dual boot operating system

Jeremy Bopp jeremy@bopp.net
Thu May 6 20:43:00 GMT 2010

> On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 03:22:39PM -0500, Jeremy Bopp wrote:
>> Please bear in mind that what you are attempting to do is not really
>> supported, so don't be surprised if you don't get a bunch of help.
>
> I don't see why this wouldn't be supported actually.  If the 32/64 bit
> systems have similar setups it should just work.

The method being used here is essentially the same as installing Cygwin
onto a USB drive and taking that from system to system.  Yeah, it should
work, especially now for Cygwin 1.7, but it has historically been
discouraged.  If that's not considered an issue anymore, so much the
better. :-)

-Jeremy